Sri Lanka has opened its borders for International tourists since 21st, January 2020 almost after 10 months of travel ban declaring it as a safe place to visit for tourists. All nationalities could visit Sri Lanka except travellers who have visited British up to two weeks. They have implemented “Travel bubble” where the visitors get to experience selected places in Sri Lanka with health protocols.
Tourists (who are holding return ticket) are not required to quarantine them self at hotel rooms instead they could use the hotel facilities and visit sightseeing places under “bio bubble”.
Prior to obtaining the ETA visas it’s required follow below protocols.
· when applying for visa online tourists have to pay USD 40 per PCR test depending on the duration of the stay (E.g. For a minimum of 7 days stay 2 PCR tests, if it’s more than 7 days 3 PCR test needs to be taken)
· Mandatory 50000USD worth insurance needs to be purchased for 12USD which is 1 month valid.
Purchase PCR / Travel insurance through www.visitsrilanka.gov.lk
· Confirmation of a hotel booking at a certified “Safe and Secure” Level 1 hotels for a period of 14days should be provided while applying the visas. Presently there are 59 hotels authorised by the Sri Lankan government.
After all this above process you could apply for ETA visas online through https://www.eta.gov.lk/slvisa/visainfo/center.jsp?locale=en_US
So once the visa is received, and when you’re ready to fly, ensure to get below documents.
· Ensure to carry a negative COVID – 19 PCR taken 96hours prior to boarding the flight, and the report should be in English
· duly filled health declaration form needs to submitted prior to boarding or on arrival at the airport
· Tourists / Foreign passport holders should have a mandatory COVID-19 insurance cover for at least 50000USD.
· “Visit Sri Lanka” app needs to be downloaded from app store or play store.
· Dual citizens should carry a negative COVID-19 PCR test report in English obtained 72 hours or a Rapid Antigen test done within 48 hours of arrival.